Sorry ... I'm Sold.
Just 8 houses separate this home and the waterfront. No further comment required on how this sought-after Avenues position can add to your lifestyle.
Quick – get out your checklist and start ticking the boxes …
[_] 4 built-in bedrooms,
[_] 3 bathrooms,
[_] 2 living areas,
[_] Massive rumpus/TV room (yes … pool table stays),
[_] Inground salt water swimming pool,
[_] Ample off-street parking (including caravan),
[_] 180m to Brighton beach/foreshore
- Water views from front balcony
- Well-appointed kitchen with stone bench tops, ceramic cooktop,
. and an abundance of storage.
- Rumpus / TV room with built-in bar (pool table stays)
- 4 built-in bedrooms
- Ensuite (renovated) to master bedroom
- Renovated bathroom – soaking tub, double vanity, full height tiles
- Rich polished timber floors
- Timber French doors leading to both front & rear decks.
- Plantation shutters throughout the entire home upstairs
- Reverse cycle air/con to rumpus
- Double remote garage with seamless flooring
- Covered deck for entertaining
- Inground salt-water swimming pool
- Ample Room to park caravan or boat off-street
- Brighton Shopping Village (IGA, doctors, chemist, baker butcher,
. bottle shop, gym, post office, restaurants, and cafes) at end of street.
- 5kw solar (24 panels)
- 10,000 litre rainwater tanks
- Fully fenced back yard (dog proof)
- NBN Connected
- 18.4m street frontage
- Land area: 590sqm
- General Rates: $486 quarter
- Rental Appraisal: $550-$580pw
- Brighton beach (180m)
- Kitesurfing beach
- Decker Park
- St Kieran’s Primary School
- Brighton State School
- Sacred Heart School
- Bracken Ridge State High School
- St Patrick’s College
- Public Transport (Bus – 70m, Train – 3.5km)
- Brighton Shopping Village – Full line I.G.A, medical Centre, chemist,
. dentist, bakery, butcher, café, hairdresser, Australia Post, news agency,
. BWS, 24/7 Gym, Thai restaurant, wood fired pizza
ADD MASSIVE VALUE AT MINIMAL COST
This home oozes appeal. It’s well-appointed and ticks more of boxes on your list then just about every other house your have inspected. There are also ways you could make it even better, and at minimal cost for the benefit received. Read on …
The double garage is a massive 6.9x7.2m. As a bonus, it has a rare 246cm ceiling height. That is above code height. There is already a shower/toilet combination (3rd bathroom) so the plumbing is in place. At minimal cost you could build in 2 extra bedrooms plus still have space to spare. Or a self-contained living area (granny flat) or even a new master retreat. *
Covid-19 has resulted in many people working from home. This home lends itself perfectly. And with the lifestyle that Brighton offers, there is no better place.
Out the front, the garage is set back 8.6m from the road. Double width concrete is already there so it is a simple addition to add a double carport*. Do you have a caravan, boat or trade vehicle? There is plenty of room to the side to cater for them. Both sides in fact – as this property has an ultra-wide 18.4m frontage. Abundant off-street parking is easily created – how many vehicles do you have?
SEALS THE DEAL
The location and lifestyle - An early morning run along the waterfront to the Shorncliffe Pier, an afternoon kitesurf, or an afternoon walk with your partner and family as the sun sets.
The practical – You’re a tradie and come home and park your work ute down the side without having to unhitch the trailer ready for a quick exit the following morning (or it might be the caravan or boat).
The entertainer – Nice big saltwater pool for the kids, covered outdoor entertaining area, huge rumpus room with built-in bar and pool table (yes it stays). BWS, IGA and fantastic wood-fired pizza at the end of the street if you need supplies.
The extended family – Build in the garage to be a fully self-contained ground level living area*. IGA. shops and medical centre at the end of the street one way, beach at the end of the street the other way.
“We have loved convenience. Everything is in walking distance. My gym is across the road, plus you have IGA, BWS, doctor and all the shops. The bus stop is just around the corner. There is a bus every 7 minutes in the morning connecting with the train, 2 schools are just around the corner and we have the water at end of street. That is just magic. It is a hard decision for us to sell and we will miss this place, but it is time for us to downsize. I know the next family to live here will love it just as much as we have.”
* Modifications suggested including building in the garage and the addition of a carport would be subject to the necessary council approvals. It is recommended that buyers make their own enquiries that such approvals would be possible for their plans.
(click to enlarge floor plan)